2013 Used Curriculum and Book Sale
This year the Used Curriculum and Book Sale will be associated with the Eastern Panhandle Home School Conference to be held at Covenant Church on March 23, 2013. Conference attendees will have first access to the materials available. In order to ensure that you get to shop early and get the bargains, be sure to register for the conference.
Need to clean out those bookshelves and make room for next year's curriculum? Can't quite get to all of those great 'extras' you purchased? Has your child excelled into another grade leaving you with curriculum you've outgrown? If you meet any of these scenarios, or more, we invite you to participate in the used curriculum sale at the Eastern Panhandle Home School Conference.
Participating in this year's book sale is easier than ever! Here's how it works:
- Review the Consignor Agreement and item requirements. For your convenience a copy is posted at the bottom of this page, or you may print the pdf file linked above.
- You may register and pay online using the form below below or you may print and mail your completed Consignor Registration Form along with a check for $8.00 (payable to Covenant Church) to EPHSC Book Sale at the address listed on the printable form.
- We will mail or otherwise arrange to deliver a consignor's package to you.
- You can set and receive the full price for your items (no consignment fees).
- Your buyers pay no shipping and handling fees.
- There is no need to monitor your items as you would if selling them in an online auction.
- You label your books and educational items with labels we provide indicating the price, the subject, the grade, your assigned consignor's number, and whether you want your books marked down in the 1/2-price sale later in the day.
- You deliver your labelled items to the conference site at a pre-determined date and time and place them in the appropriate marked areas. Categories include: Reference/General, Religion/Philosphy, Social Sciences, Languages, Grammar, Math, Science, Health, Technology, Music & Art/Supplies, Literature, Geography, Biography, History, Curriculum Packages, and Other.
- We manage the selling process throughout the conference.
- At the end of the day, if you choose, you collect your leftover items (unless you have designated that they be donated).
- We'll reconcile the accounts and mail you a check for your sales.
It couldn't be easier! No e-bay fees or monitoring book tables at homeschool events.
Please contact Kathy Miller for more information.
Consignor Agreement for EPHSC 2013
1. Please limit your items to those curricula (items and books) which are in good to excellent condition. Student workbooks should have little or no writing in them. The EPHSC Used Curricula Sale Coordinator will have final say on whether or not a book is in saleable condition and appropriate.
2. You will be responsible for clearly pricing your books in advance and determining the category under which you would like the curricula listed (see category list on registration form).
3. We will provide you with 'sticker labels' which will be preprinted with your Consignor Number. These labels will not damage your curricula. Clearly mark the price and other required information on your labels. Prices should be marked in whole dollar amounts only.
4. Under your Consignor Number, you will indicate whether you would like the Coordinator to reduce the price by 50% (R) after 4 pm, and/or donate the book (D) if unsold at the end of the sale. Make no other markings than this on the sticker label provided (please see directions and examples).
5. You are responsible for dropping off your items and placing them on marked tables during the hours of 12 noon-7 p.m. on Friday, March 22, 2013. You must bring your priced books during that time, along with a duplicated list of all items you are selling, which should be given to the Used Curricula Sale Coordinator.
6. Items marked with (R) in the sale after the 4 p.m. Coffee Break will be sold at a 50% discount.
7. All unsold items can be picked up on the day of the sale, March 23, 2013, between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. A check will be mailed to you along with a list of items sold and the price received for the item. Any unsold items not picked up by the owner by 7 p.m. will be donated as stated in item 4.
8. The EPHSC Used Curricula Sale Committee will provide oversight of the curricula, books and items, for sale during the time of the sale. The EPHSC Used Curricula Sale Committee and organizers assume no liability for the loss of, or damage to, items left for sale.