Piers Morgan in talks with Simon Cowell over a few opportunities following GMB exit
Piers Morgan features in GMB NTAs montage
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Former Good Morning Britain co-anchor Piers Morgan, 56, sensationally quit the programme in March after airing his controversial opinions about Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex. Now, he has revealed that he may be prepared to make a return to the small screen.
We talked about a few opportunities, I would like to work with him again
It comes ahead of Piers’ return to ITV with Piers Morgan’s Life Stories with Sir Keir Starmer which is due to air on Tuesday, June 1.
Piers left his role on the breakfast show after receiving around 57,000 complaints after saying he didn’t believe Meghan’s claims that she had been ignored when raising concerns surrounding her mental health.
The broadcaster went on to say that he wouldn’t trust the former Suits actress even if she was delivering a weather report.
Now, he has revealed that old pal Simon Cowell may be playing a part in his return to screens.
“I saw Simon Cowell recently, and of course he got me my first big break in America,” Piers said.
Piers found fame in America as a judge on America’s Got Talent in 2006, which became a roaring success, closely followed by the launch of Britain’s Got Talent just one year later.
He sat on the judging panel of the American variety talent show for six seasons before eventually passing the seat to radio presenter Howard Stern.
Piers sat on Britain’s Got Talent until series four when he was replaced by comedian Michael McIntyre.
The dad-of-four went on to tell The Sun: “We walked for three hours. I got terrible blisters but I didn’t dare tell him because it felt like he was going to keep going until one of us surrendered.
“We talked about a few opportunities, I would like to work with him again.”
Despite walking away from Good Morning Britain, Piers claims that ITV has approached him to return to the programme.
He told the publication that there had been “approaches” before adding: “I have no doubt I could take the ratings back to where I left them – but the doubt is, would anyone be allowed to do it that way again? I was hired to give very strong, honestly held opinions, which I did.”
The former newspaper editor had earlier teased fans on Instagram by claiming he had “put a call into ITV”.
After jetting to Scotland, Piers took to the photo-sharing site to thank British Airways and their crew, both on the ground and in the air for their service, after he arrived at the airport later than scheduled.
Sharing a cheeky snap to his 1.7 million followers, Piers was seen putting his thumbs up while wearing a face-covering on the flight.
He penned alongside his image: “Thanks so much to the three delightful ladies from @british_airways at Edinburgh Airport who let us on our flight home when we turned up late… On strict condition that I return immediately to Good Morning Britain… Ps, I’ve put a call into ITV…”
Fans instantly took to the comment section, urging Piers to return to the show alongside Susanna Reid.
“Fair play – We all need you back on GMB ASAP! Come on Piers, you have had a long holiday now. Get back to work,” one social fan remarked.
While a second added: “It’s not the same without you, I never watch it now. Even though I didn’t always agree with you.”
A third penned: “Please come back.”
Source: Read Full Article