Prince Harry received share of £4.45m from Charles despite claim he and Meghan were cut off

Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox

Prince Charles continued to support the Duke and Duchess of Sussex with a “substantial” sum of money, despite claims he was “cut off financially” after they stepped back from their royal duties in February 2020.

The Prince of Wales' annual report, which was released by Clarence House on Wednesday, showed how he gave a cut of £4.45 million to the Sussexes and the Cambridges.

The money was listed as "funding the activities” for the royal brothers and their families, but palace sources refused to reveal the precise amount given to Prince Harry, 36, and his wife Meghan, 39, who welcomed their daughter Lilibet on 4 June.

It is believed the money was sent to support the growing family for the first four months of their “transition period” out of the royal family.

Following the annual report, it is thought that Prince Harry will no longer receive financial support from his father as he and his family explore a life independent from the royal family.

A source told the Sun: “In January 2020 when the Sussexes announced they were going to move away from the working royal family, the Duke said that they would work towards becoming financially independent.

“The Prince of Wales allocated a substantial sum to support them.

“That funding ceased in the summer of 2020, and the couple are now financially independent.”

The royal couple since signed a £112 million deal with Netflix after quitting the royal family last year, and have put down roots in Montecito, California with their two children.

The insider claimed the Prince of Wales wanted to support his son’s family despite their heartbreaking decision to split from the royals, which has caused “a matter of enormous sadness to the family.”

When asked about Harry’s claim that he had been cut off financially, the source said: “I wouldn’t acknowledge that they are dramatically different.

“All I can tell you are the facts. The Prince (Charles) wanted to help make this work.”

Harry’s biographer, Penny Junor, added: “I’m not surprised Charles has given Harry money. He cares about his son and is a generous man.

“Why did Harry say he was cut off financially? Charles will have been enormously hurt by that comment. I feel sorry for him.”

It is believed that Harry was left £7.5 million after his mum Diana’s death in a car crash in 1997.

The father-of-two is also thought to have received a cut of the £70 million inheritance left by the Queen Mother after her death in 2002.

Before he left the royal family last year, Harry pocketed a £35,000 a year Army wage for the ten years, in addition to the £2.3 million he was given by his father annually.

Source: Read Full Article