Which players are in the England squad for the Under-20 World Cup? | The Sun
REPRESENTING your country at a World Cup is the pinnacle of football – and the England U-20 team travelling to Argentina has been announced.
The Young Lions made the nation proud in 2017 by beating Venezuela in the final to lift the prestigious trophy.
And England will be eager to make up for failing to qualify in 2019 after finishing sixth at the Finland European Championships.
But not everyone can make the squad and SunSport has a full rundown of who will be on that plane.
Which players made the England squad?
Head coach Ian Foster has included Arsenal defender Brooke Norton-Cuffy and Chelsea midfielder Carney Chukwuemeka.
However, Foster was unable to select anyone from Manchester United as the club blocked players from going to the World Cup.
Read more on England Under-20
What TV channel is the Under-20 World Cup on in the UK?
England fear U-20 World Cup fixture clash as stars face Championship play-off
Goalkeepers: James Beadle (Brighton & Hove Albion), Matthew Cox (Brentford), Teddy Sharman-Lowe (Chelsea)
Defenders: Callum Doyle (Coventry City, loan from Manchester City)*, Ronnie Edwards (Peterborough United)*, Bashir Humphreys (Paderborn, loan from Chelsea), Brooke Norton-Cuffy (Coventry City, loan from Arsenal)*, Daniel Oyegoke (Brentford), Jarell Quansah (Liverpool), Imari Hines-Samuels (Brighton & Hove Albion)
Midfielders: Carney Chukwuemeka (Chelsea), Alfie Devine (Tottenham Hotspur), Sam Edozie (Southampton), Darko Gyabi (Leeds United), Aaron Ramsey (Middlesbrough, loan from Aston Villa)*, Alex Scott (Bristol City), Harvey Vale (Chelsea)
Forwards: Liam Delap (Manchester City), Daniel Jebbison (Sheffield United), Mateo Joseph (Leeds United), Dane Scarlett (Tottenham Hotspur)
Most read in Football
Uefa 'in talks to move Champions League final 2500 miles'… just weeks before it
Arsenal title hopes suffer HUGE blow as TWO key stars are ruled out for season
Wrexham owners Reynolds and McElhenney may make PLAYING bow against Fabregas
Peter & Abbey Crouch’s raciest sex confessions – emoji code to role play
When is the Under-20 World Cup?
- The thrilling Under-20 World Cup will begin on Saturday, May 20 and conclude on Sunday, June 11.
- Group stage matches are scheduled to kick off at 7pm or 10pm UK time.
- While the knockout rounds start times alternate between 6:30pm and 10pm.
- There is set to be four different cities in Argentina which will host the games: La Plata, Mendoza, San Juan and Santiago del Estero.
- Hosts Argentina open the tournament against Uzbekistan while England feature for the first time on Monday, May 22 at Tunisia.
What are the key dates?
- Group stages – Saturday, May 17 – Sunday, May 28
- Round of 16 – Tuesday, May 30 -Thursday, June 1
- Quarter-final – Saturday, June 3 – Sunday, June 4
- Semi-final – Thursday, June 8
- 3rd place play-off – Sunday, June 11
- Final – Sunday, June 11
Source: Read Full Article