Rita Ora confirmed for The Masked Singer Series 3 despite Masked Dancer snub

Daily Star’s Inside Hot TV newsletter sees Ed Gleave send you telly’s hot takes straight to your inbox every Sunday

Lockdown rule breaker Rita Ora has kept her place on The Masked Singer.

Bosses have confirmed she will be back when the new ­series starts filming.

Fans thought she might lose her seat on the ITV guessing game show after she was caught flouting Covid rules.

The pop star staged a private 30th birthday party at a London restaurant last November, breaking the regulations.

And viewers thought her days were numbered when bosses drafted in Strictly’s Oti Mabuse for The Masked Dancer but kept the other ­panellists, ­including Jonathan Ross and Davina McCall.

However, Derek McLean, of the show’s producers Bandicoot, says Rita will be back for filming this autumn.

He said: “The key thing ­everyone just needs to understand is Rita was not available for The Masked Dancer ­because she was filming in Australia and the thing she does on The Masked Singer is be the voice expert.

“She is the one everyone turns to and says, ‘Do you know who this is?’ and ‘Can you tell who that voice is?’”

  • Masked Dancer 'at risk of so-called Strictly Curse as stars pair with dancers'

The Masked Singer is set to return for a third series later this year.

The first two series were rating gold for ITV with millions tuning in to play along with the kooky singing contest.

Joel Dommett will once again return to host the series.

Jonathan Ross has already confirmed he will be in the four celeb strong judging line-up earlier this year.

  • Rita Ora
  • The Masked Singer
  • ITV
  • London

Source: Read Full Article