SAS: Who Dares Wins star Ollie Ollerton throws his support behind axed Ant Middleton and says they 'built the show'

SAS: Who Dares Wins star Ollie Ollerton threw his support behind axed friend Ant Middleton saying they "built the show".

Channel 4 announced Ant's departure in a bombshell statement on Tuesday sating it would not work with again and cited his "personal conduct" as the reason for letting him go.

But Ollie, who last year was dropped from the series amid a Channel 4 diversity drive, accused the broadcaster of using their "heritage" to make great TV while failing to back veterans.

In a telling tweet, he wrote: "We’ll decide when the curtain closes! Our heritage created your show @channel4 👋 #supportyourveterans"

His fans shared his sentiments, as one said: "💯 you all made that show"

Another angry fan wrote: "Gutted its come to this!! @channel4 you’re sh**t!"



It was said that as well as Ant's Black Lives Matter tweets, Ant made inappropriate remarks to a member of staff on SAS Who Dares Wins.

In response, he told Good Morning Britain today that he accepted he hadn't been the easiest person to work with and had "butted heads" with the production team.

But the show's chief instructor insisted the language he used added to the toughness and authenticity of the series.

He told Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid on Good Morning Britain today: "Over the years, the PC patrol have kicked in, the woke patrol have kicked in to the point where we can't say anything, we can't be ourselves.

"We can't even act on the ground without health and safety jumping in going, 'Oh! You can't put them in at shoulder level in the water, you've got to put them at waist height' and it's been so controlled and so managed and so inauthentic now that I've decided to be completely walk away."

 "When I filmed the last episode, it became a half-scripted sort of reality show, full control was taken from me, from health and safety to production."

"And after that I said, 'Look, I'm not gonna film anymore, I'm done with SAS: Who Dares Wins'. I wanted to part in a healthy way and in a positive way.

"(Channel 4) knew I was going, and all of a sudden they dropped this bomb about Black Lives Matter, about been axed."

SAS: Who Dares Wins has run for seven series, since 2015, with the former United Kingdom Special Forces (UKSF) soldier as chief instructor throughout.

Ant added that the first he heard about Channel 4's statement was through the media the night before.

Source: Read Full Article