Girl, 8, mom and granddad die after 'electrical incident' in newly-serviced pool

An eight-year-old girl, her mother and her grandfather all died in their newly-serviced pool after it reportedly suffered an electrical fault.

The girl, her 32-year-old mother and 62-year-old grandfather were founded drowned in the pool in East Bunswick, New Jersey two weeks after they moved in, investigators said.

Neighbors reportedly called 911 after they heard the mother screaming, police said.

‘We received a 911 call from a neighbor about a possible fall victim. Officers arrive on scene and realize it’s a drowning,’ Lieutenant Frank Sutter told News 12.

‘All of the deceased taken from the pool. CPR was done and they were pronounced dead in the backyard.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ifZtK3tC4X4%3Fversion%3D3%26rel%3D1%26fs%3D1%26autohide%3D2%26showsearch%3D0%26showinfo%3D1%26iv_load_policy%3D1%26wmode%3Dtransparent

It is unclear what exactly led to the deaths but sources told ABC 6 that there may have been an electrical issue at fault after authorities called an electrical contractor to the home upon the horrific discovery. However, police have not yet confirmed those claims, or elaborated further on the tragedy.

‘This is a devastating day for our entire community. It is too early to determine exactly what happened.,’ Police Chief Frank Losacco said in a statement.

‘We are working with the Middlesex County Prosecutors office and will release information as it develops.’

Investigators said that other family members were inside the home at the time of the incident. The victims have not yet been identified.

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected]

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Source: Read Full Article