Horrified mum ‘found daughter, 1, dead in bed and son, 3, knifed in neck by dad after rows’ – The Sun

A HORRIFIED mum reportedly found her baby daughter stabbed to death in her bed and her three-year-old son knifed in the neck by his dad in a grisly bloodbath.

Nitin Kumar, 40, is said to have killed his two young children in Ilford, East London, after he "exploded" during coronavirus lockdown.

The shopworker reportedly then turned the knife on himself and is now in a critical condition in hospital with stab wounds.

Heartbroken mum Nisha found her toddler son in the bathroom gasping for breath after the horror on Sunday night, website athirvu reports.

In a double tragedy, she then discovered her one-year-old daughter knifed to death in her bed – just 90 minutes after Kumar had returned home from work as a shopkeeper.


Horrified neighbours heard "tortured" screams as Nisha ran into the street shouting: "Help me…it's my children".

Cops then brought out the baby girl in a tiny body bag from the flat as paramedics desperately tried to revive her brother on the street with CPR.

The boy was taken to hospital by air ambulance but later pronounced dead.

Stunned witnesses told how the children's traumatised mother was led away screaming by police. She was last night under sedation.

Local Intisar Ahmed said: "I heard a horrible screaming and went outside to see what was happening.

"I saw emergency services take the little boy outside and lay him on the footpath and give him CPR. My friend said he was covered in blood."


Kumar and his wife originally came from Sri Lanka and moved into the flat just over a year ago but had been rowing recently due to the lockdown.

He was employed at a convenience store near his home and spent the day working there before leaving at around 4.30pm to return to his family.

His employer, Shanmugatha Thevadurai, 54, said "Everything was normal. Nithi was a wonderful man and a loyal worker.

"He opened the shop at 9am, worked a normal day and made me tea shortly before he left.

"He had been telling me how his wife was not happy that he was still going out to work in the lockdown.

"There were four of them in a tiny, cramped flat and I think things just got too much for him.

"It seems as if he just exploded. I’m in total shock. But when I last saw him, he was in a good mood and there was nothing wrong."

Police said they were treating the deaths of the children as murder and said a 40-year-old man known to them was in hospital with stab wounds.

A spokesperson added: “We are not looking for anybody else in connection with this incident.”

Source: Read Full Article