Prince Andrew seen for the first time since Ghislaine Maxwell was arrested over Epstein probe

PRINCE Andrew has been pictured today for the first time since Ghislaine Maxwell was arrested in the US.

The royal has been keeping a low profile at his Windsor home, after he was unceremoniously forced to step back from public life in November over his links to Maxwell's paedo ex, Jeffrey Epstein.

The Duke was pictured in a Range Rover driving near his home, with a protection officer, as he left using a rear exit.

On Tuesday it was reported sources said the prince was "agonising" over the arrest of socialite Maxwell – and fears "making enemies".

The royal hasn't offered a comment since his old friend was arrested and charged with grooming and trafficking underage girls for Epstein.

The Telegraph reported the duke is caught in a dilemma over how to proceed while facing questioning by the FBI.

He hasn't denounced convicted paedophile Epstein – including in a Newsnight interview last year.

The disgraced financier killed himself in jail in New York while awaiting trial on further charges.

The ex "pimp" of Epstein was busted by the FBI in New Hampshire on Thursday and charged with sex trafficking.


Maxwell is said to have introduced Andrew to Epstein victim Virginia Roberts, who claims she slept with the royal at 17.

The duke vehemently denies the allegations and his lawyers say they have offered to provide a witness statement to the US Department of Justice. 

Maxwell, 58, has been a close friend of the prince for about 30 years.

The FBI now wants to interview the duke as a witness to the case.

Officials from the American organisation have requested assistance from the Home Office – and say he has refused to help them.

However, his legal team say he has offered to cooperate in writing on five separate occasions.

Maxwell, the daughter of tycoon Robert Maxwell, is due in court next week for her arraignment on four counts of grooming and child sex trafficking and two separate charges of perjury.

She's being held at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn.

Source: Read Full Article