Two men charged for attacking police horses at Covid rallies in Sydney

Thugs accused of attacking police horses at Sydney lockdown protests are charged alongside 55 others after officers were assaulted and pelted with POT PLANTS in photos shocked Australia

  • Chaotic anti-lockdown protests took over Sydney CBD on Saturday afternoon
  • Mounted police were brought in to keep control of the protesters at Town Hall 
  • Coward was photographed punching a police horse during disgusting scenes
  • Two men have been charged for their treatment of police horses during rallies 
  • Do YOU know the puncher? Send us an email at [email protected] 

Two demonstrators have been charged with animal cruelty after allegedly attacking police horses during Saturday’s violent anti-lockdown protests.

The despicable moment a maskless rioter allegedly punched a horse named Tobruk was caught on camera and prompted an immediate investigation, with authorities putting a public call out online to help track down the person involved.

But there were several other incidents throughout the day in which other officers on horseback were pelted with rocks and pot plants as the riots got out of hand. 

On Sunday, 33-year-old Kristian Polkownik and 36-year-old Remon Korkise will face Parramatta Local Court for their treatment of animals during the demonstration. 

The confronting image of Tobruk being attacked came as tens of thousands of demonstrators took to the streets of cities across Australia on Saturday afternoon in simultaneous protests against Covid-19 lockdowns.  

A man seen punching a police horse during Saturday’s violent anti-lockdown protest

A long-haired protester – wearing a T-shirt bearing the message ‘free speech – more important than your feelings’ – was seen throwing his left fist at the horse’s face during chaotic scenes outside Sydney’s Town Hall station. 

In total 57 protesters in Sydney were charged with various offences and a special strikeforce has been set up to track down thousands of maskless demonstrators.

Frenzied crowds were heard screaming ‘you serve us!’ to police as others were filmed crash tackling officers into a garden bed. 

There were wild scenes in protests across the Sydney CBD on Saturday afternoon, prompting Gladys Berejiklian to vow the activists would face ‘the full force of the law’

There are concerns the protests will lead to a devastating Covid superspreader event.

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian on Saturday evening vowed those who gathered for the illegal demonstration would face ‘the full force of the law’.

‘I am utterly disgusted by the illegal protestors in the city today whose selfish actions have compromised the safety of all of us,’ Ms Berejiklian said.

‘The protesters have shown utter contempt for their fellow citizens who are currently doing it tough.’ 

Ms Berejiklian thanked the ‘brave officers who put their safety on the line’. 

‘This type of activity during lockdown will not be tolerated and the full force of the law will be brought against anyone who engages in this type of illegal activity.’  

NSW Police Minister David Elliott labelled those in the rallies as ‘boofheads’ and said 90 had been fined across the state with many more arrests expected.

‘What we saw today was 3,500 very selfish boofheads — people that thought the law didn’t apply to them,’ he said. 

Wild protests erupted in Melbourne and around Australia on Saturday and thousands of reckless residents demanded an end to lockdowns

‘If we don’t see a [Covid] spike in the areas these protesters came from in the next week I’ll be very, very surprised,’ Elliott said.

‘It was just a whole lot of halfwits. There is no doubt in my mind that at least one individual there today had COVID, it is statistically impossible for us not to consider that.

‘I’m appealing to all 3,500 people to get tested tomorrow, if not for themselves for the sake of their family and friends.’ 

Some protesters took it upon themselves to set off smoke bombs during protests in Melbourne where six were arrested 

Protesters were met by mounted police outside Town Hall in Sydney – with neither group prepared to back down 

Source: Read Full Article